Privacy- and cookiestatement
Privacy-sensitive data or personal data is processed via the websites www.cityattichaarlem.nl, as well as via other domain names associated with City Attic Haarlem. City Attic Haarlem considers it very important that personal data is handled with care. As a result, we take great care when it comes to handling and securing personal data.
When processing data, we observe the requirements as set out by privacy legislation. This means that, amongst others, we:
- try to limit our gathering of personal data to just the personal data necessary for legitimate purposes;
- first ask your express permission to process your personal data whenever your permission is required;
- implement appropriate security measures for the protection of your personal data, and also demand the same from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to view, correct or remove your personal data upon your request.
Use of personal data
When using our website and services, you leave certain data with us. This can be personal data. We only save and use personal data directly submitted by you, or data that – upon submission – is has clearly been provided to us for processing. We will not use your personal data for other purposes, unless you have given us permission, or if we are permitted or obliged to do so according to the law.
When using our services, we request a few details when you submit a reservation query and/or newsletter.
And, the website offers you the opportunity to ask questions via a contact form on our contact page, where you will be asked to enter various details so that we can handle your query.
We process the following data (depending in part on how you use the website, e.g. subscribing to the newsletter):
- first name and surname;
- address details;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- payment and billing details;
- company name.
The abovementioned data is used for the following purposes:
- use of website features;
- send-out of our newsletter;
- handling and sending of reservation requests and bookings;
- handling of possible participation in competitions and promotions;
- answering of questions asked via, for instance, the website;
- improvement of our services.
The abovementioned data is stored for as long as is necessary in order for us to provide you with our service and/or for as long as you are subscribed to our newsletter.
Once you have provided your consent, we can contact you by email and send you our newsletter. An unsubscribe option is included in all correspondence.
Divulgence to third parties
We will not divulge the data that you have submitted to other parties without your consent, unless this is necessary within the context of fulfilment of the contract that you conclude with us, or if this is permitted or required according to the law.
When you grant permission via the cookie settings, cookies associated with the following applications will be used:
- Facebook Custom Audience
- Google Analytics
We use the abovementioned cookies for the following purposes:
- generating general statistics and gaining insight into how our website and newsletters are used by visitors or readers;
- optimising our services;
- fine-tuning the advertisements and content on our website and in our newsletters, based on your interests and your click and browsing habits.
- displaying advertisements on third-party websites (remarketing)
We have no control over what the providers of the abovementioned applications do with the cookies. For more information about these applications and how they handle cookies, please refer to the privacy policies of these parties (please note: they can change on a regular basis).
We implement appropriate security measures to limit misuse of, and unauthorised access to, your personal data.
This policy does not apply to third-party websites connected to our website through links. We cannot guarantee that these parties handle your personal data in a trustworthy or secure way. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of these websites before using them.
We reserve the right to amend this policy. Amendments will be published on our website. We recommend that you frequently consult this policy so that you are aware of any possible changes.
Inspecting and changing your data
If you have provided us with personal data, you can request the inspection, change or removal of this data. This request can be submitted via our contact page.
To prevent misuse, we may ask you to positively identify yourself. If you would like to view personal data linked to a cookie, you must include a copy of the cookie in question. This can be found in your browser settings. If the data in question is incorrect, you can ask us to change it or have it deleted.
Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Data Protection Authority)
We will gladly assist you if you have complaints about the handling of your personal data. According to privacy legislation, you also have the right to log a complaint about this handling of your personal data with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens. To do this, please contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.